If you haven't already tried out the previous version or wish to read more about it, have a look at my original post here.
The N73 SMS Reader is a convenient and innovative text-to-speech message reader and inbox backup solution for your smartphone. It enables you to take full control of your text messages using simple joystick navigation and reads out all messages for you without letting you strain your eyes to read from the phone screen.
You can also make backup copies of all your messages using the N73 SMS Reader. If you happen to accidentally delete an important SMS, or your SMS database becomes corrupted, you can then rely on the backup copy that the program has created for you.
- Reads out existing text messages straight from the inbox or even from sent items whenever requested
- Reads out new text messages either at user request or immediately when they arrive
- Activity Icon for alerting the user whenever the program works in the background
- Simple and Intuitive controls
- Message Preview Option for displaying the last received message without actually opening it
- Inbox Backup tool for exporting all messages to file
This program is designed for S60 3rd Edition phones. It has been tested on Nokia 3250, N71, N73, N80, N91, N93, N95 and N95 8GB currently but will work with ALL devices.
Instructions:Please follow the instructions in the exact order listed as the program might not work otherwise.
- This program uses the latest version of Python for S60. Remove any older versions before proceeding.
- Install the Python for S60 application (PythonForS60_1_4_2_3rdEd.sis) to phone memory.
- Install the script shell (PythonScriptShell_1_4_2_3rdEd.sis) to phone memory.
- Sign the N73 SMS Reader (N73_SMS_Reader_v1_5_UNSIGNED.sis).
- Send it to your phone and install it.
P.S All the required files are provided below.